About National Law University (NLU)
The NLU Delhi has a state of the Art Library having rich collection of books & documents in law. The library’s collection comprises over 50,000 documents on 150 legal subjects and 350 journals, reports, reference resources, etc.
NLU wanted to empower library patrons to check-in/check-out documents as per their convenience.
- NLU had concerns for the overall security of their library collection.
- Library patrons misplaced the books on shelves resulting in time consuming searching and delay in providing the books and documents to their patrons on demand.
LIBSYS deployed its LSmart-RFID System at NLU in 2016 to overcome the challenges and increase efficiency of their library services.
LSmart-RFID Tags along with EM Tapes were applied on 50,000 Books & documents, which involved tagging job work through data validation on LIBSYS library management system. In addition, patrons were issued customized RFID Smart Cards for lending operations. On Self Service LSmart-Self Checkout Kiosk and LSmart-RFID Book Drop, the library patrons could now issue and return library books and documents on their own without any staff intervention.
- LSmart-RFID System has put NLU library on the next level of automation and modernization.
- Any item which is not checked out properly is alerted by LSmart-Security gates at library exit. Security staff asks the patron to verify the item on the staff counter. This has not only reduced pilferage but has also improved the overall efficiency of circulation system.
- LSmart-Handheld Reader facilitates locating misplaced items and taking stock as per the requirement of the library.