Today libraries are at crossroads, reevaluating their businesses, operations, and approach of information gathering, sharing & storage for patron enrichment. The introduction of library management systems led to the automation of libraries. Access to various library resources like books, journals, etc. became much easier than before. The librarians have been learning a lot about metadata management, data formats, and information retrieval and have become familiar with the paperless world of online catalogues. Today the latest web based library management systems are available on the cloud and are ready for application.
Web based Library Management System on Cloud
In today's digital age, everyone prefers quick and accurate service. A Web-based Library Management Software on Cloud controls all the library operations in a systematic way from a single point of access. It helps in keeping records of all the library resources like books, catalogs, journals, e-books, CDs, newspapers, etc. LIBSYS 10 has emerged as a web-based library management system delivering an unparalleled delightful experience to patrons and library staff. It is a dynamic and versatile LMS that automates library operations at international standards. It also provides access to library resources from any workstation at the library or remotely in a 24X7 environment.
- Acquisition: for procurement, vendor management, order management, and budgeting.
- Cataloguing: for cataloguing the library and bibliography records in different formats including MARC 21 and RDA.
- Circulation: to handle library circulations with accuracy by using various technologies like barcode, biometric, and the latest RFID technology.
- Serials: to manage library resources like journals, magazines, articles, newspapers, etc. with ease and efficiency.
- OPAC: a search interface that accesses all library resources like books, journals, etc, for enabling patrons to get information.
- Interactive dashboard
- Powerful search interface
- Systematic management of records
- Multilingual and multi-user support
- Report generation
- Web-based Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) System
- Complete library stock management Compatibility and digital integration
In the field of higher education, the importance of cloud computing has grown tremendously for organizing library resources from one place and giving remote access to library resources to patrons. A cloud-based library management system provides flexibility to the library staff to manage their libraries from anywhere, anytime using any device.
- Automatic Software Updates
- 24X7 Availability
- Reliable Database Backups
- Secure, Scalable & Reliable
- Effective Trouble Shooting
- Single Point of Contact
- Better Return on Investment
- User-friendly software
- Easy to install
- Aids in maintaining records
- Ease of tracking library resources
- Increases efficiency and saves human effort and time
To enhance efficiency and save expenditure, libraries are transforming from traditional LMS to Library 2.0.
You might want to read about LSEase an affordable small library management system